Sunday, March 14, 2010

Overtime, End of the Quarter, and Sam's Club...

I dread double shifts. I absolutely dread them, probably they leave me drained for a few days afterwards, no matter how much rest I get afterwards. Worse yet, I dread working a double to start my work week. Not the best way to get a start on the week. That being said, I am finishing up the tail end of my "Begin the work week" double shift (-1 hour due to the time change). Even worse way to start what I call "Hell Week".

Why "Hell Week"? It is because there is an unusually busy schedule ahead this week, and I am not looking forward to it. Let me break it down.

Sunday - Started at Midnight, and working until 4pm, but because of the time change, it's only 15 hours worked instead of 16 (but I get paid for 16, or rather 8 + 12 with time and a half).

Monday - Dr. Appointment at 11:15am, my last Psych class (final exam) at 1:10, maybe a nap before my 5:45 Algebra class (maybe no nap), and then rest and eat before getting ready for work at 11:00.

Tuesday - Get very aquainted with my pillow as much as possible before working at 11:00

Wednesday - Get home around 8, sleep for 3 hours, drive an hour back to work for a 3 hour CPR class (and you better believe I get paid for it), drive all the way back home just in time for my 5:45 Algebra class (can't skip it, since it's the second to last of the quarter, and we're cramming for the final), come home and either eat and relax or sleep for two hours before work at, you guessed it, 11:00.

Thursday - Reaquaint myself with afore mentioned pillows, before once again, working at 11:00.

Friday - Home at 8:00am, sleep till whenever, get up and enjoy the rest of Friday and all day Saturday off, before working 8:00am - 4:00pm on Sunday, and having my Algebra final Monday night.

Finally, kicking around the idea of a Sam's club membership. $40 a year (which breaks down to $3.33 a month) and there's good savings on some stuff I want to buy, like 10 pound bags of chicken breasts and some other stuff. Wife isn't sure if it's worth it, I think it would be worth trying for a year, but money is tight right now and it's six of one, half a dozen of the other, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Until later....

No comments:

Post a Comment